Sunday, December 13, 2015

Collecting my collection

I spent all day messing around with my sand blog. It all started yesterday when I listened to Dr. Gary Greenberg Ted Talk! Then one site led me to another and all of a sudden I had an urge to buy a microscope so I could photograph sand! I now have over a hundred samples crammed into this little cabinet. I want to display them side by side so I can see the color and texture difference in all the samples! 


It was all because of this photo of beautiful star sand found only on a couple of beaches in the Indo-Pacific waters. I get so depressed when I think of all the places, beaches with great sand that I have lived and visited! Why didn't I have this longing to start a sand collection back then? Oh, well. I gives me something to strive for.  I added some great links that I have stored in my email. And made a header for this poor, neglected blog of my collected sand.

I found this 5MP Video Microscope 200X Magnifier Camera for photographing sand or this one, Celestron 5 MP Handheld Digital Microscope Pro or this one AmScope M158C-E Compound Monocular Microscope. They are really not expensive, and I was so thrilled to find that out! David and I are all ready talking about taking a road trip to Ginkgo Petrified Forest State Park and Dry Falls to collect some samples. It feels good to be excited about getting in the car and going some place.